Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week #8, Thing #19 Library Thing

This is a great little tool for folks who have their own personal libraries. I was surprised at how easy it was to set up an account and get right to business, cataloging my favorie books (just a few, of course!). I put about 6 or 7 on my list, made a little profile for myself, added 3 or 4 reviews and browsed other recommendations.

Thw feature that really appeals to me is the "Library Thing Recommendation Machine" that allows you to look at lists of similar titles. I like to create promotional lists for my library that will always give students good ideas for what to read next, so having quick access to lists like these, as well as reviews about the books, is valuable indeed. The tags are also helpful to lead me toward other good titles my students would enjoy reading (and me too!). Thanks for introducing me to Library Thing :-)

No comments: